Despite the name, UKTVNOW is more than just UK television channels. This Kodi add-on is a great gateway into some of the top television networks in the U.S. It also hosts several other international networks, covering every genre you can think of.
Let’s look at what’s most important about this guide: How to install the UKTVNow Addon for Kodi. Here is our guided walk-through for how to install UKTVNOW. You can also visit our larger guide for installing some of the other most popular live TV add-ons.
We highly recommend using a VPN to keep your Kodi streaming habits private, and to help get around any geo-blocking that might be stopping you from accessing certain addons.
AddonHQ’s personal recommendation is IPVanish, a favourite within the Kodi community. Here are just some of its features.
We’ve also partnered with IPVanish to give AddonHQ viewers 25% off their first month’s payment.
Please read our disclaimer before proceeding.
UKTVNOW Installation Walkthrough:
1. After you have installed the program, load up your Kodi.
2. Go to “System”. Then, proceed to click on “File Manager”.
3. Click on “Add source”.
4. Under “Add source”, select “”. In the empty box, type in “https://kodi.mettlekettle.co”. Select “Done”. It will then prompt you to give the media source a name. You can name it anything, but the best option is to name it “MetalKettle Repo”. Select “OK” to move on.
5. Return to the home screen.
6. Click on “System”.
7. Under system, select “Add-ons”.
8. Go to “Install from zip”. Select the MetalKettle Repo source (you named it earlier).
9. Select the MetalKettle repository .zip file.
10. Immediately after installing, you will get a message that your repository is enabled.
11. Go to “Install from repository”.
12. Click on “MetalKettle Add-on Repository.” Then, select “Video add-ons.”
13. From the list of add-ons, locate “UKTV Now”. Select it, and on the right, select “Install”.
14. You will receive a message that your add-on is enabled.
15. Return to the home screen, and go to your “Videos” section. You should see the UKTV Now icon available.
Virtual Private Networks and You
ISP blocks might prevent you from viewing many of the live TV stations available through Kodi. Thankfully, there is a solution to this problem: Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs. Those Kodi users in the UK in particular may need to run a VPN as a standard. ISP website blocking in the UK is particularly pernicious, but can be circumvented using various VPN solutions. UK users can find our guide for bypassing ISP blocking here. Beyond this, using a VPN is a perfect solution for protecting your anonymity over the web. A good VPN will also help you get around censorship filters that are common among universities and some countries. We suggest IPVanish for your anonymity needs.
The Benefits and Limitations of UKTVNOW
UKTVNOW has been in the business of offering free, live TV streaming for a decade now. Released around 2006, the application continues to add television options, now incorporating more than 150 channels, broadcast live from UK, US and several Asian networks. The service even has these channels nicely categorized. As you can see from this screenshot, there are 10 official categories: Entertainment, Movies, Music, News, Sports, Documentary, Kids Corner, Food, Religious and USA channels.
UKTVNOW is extremely popular, with a lot to offer. However, it does have some significant limitations. There are no schedule guides informing you what’s next (such as what you’ll find with USTVNow). Many of the television networks that are streamed are the least popular networks as well, at least on the U.S. Channels side. In total, there are 19 US cable networks streamed through UKTV Now, the most popular of which are SyFy, Comedy Central, ESPN, History and the Discovery Channel. Those who like news, history, science and sports will find UKTVNOW a good option. Others might find the offerings to be more than a little lacking.
The British offerings are, understandably, wider than what you will find for the U.S. or Asian channels. Likewise, on the U.S. side, you will not find any cable movie channels such as HBO. Overall, the add-on is a very viable option for watching live TV through Kodi.