Evolve is a new sports addon for Kodi that’s giving sports enthusiasts a reason to celebrate. The addon is possibly one of the most unique to date with its 8 different sections of niche worthy content: Evolve Sports, Goliath, Kraken, Gorgon, Trapper, Hank, Slim and Markov. We’ll go into more detail on what each of them contains towards the end of this article (or you can skip down). Evolve allows users to access free streams of live TV in addition to libraries of your favourite TV shows, movies, and more. In this article, we’re going to walk you through every step to get Evolve installed on Kodi as well as a review of the pros and cons of the addon.
Using Kodi to stream sports? We suggest using a VPN every time you do. Our personal recommendation is IPVanish. Here are just some of its features.
- Access Every Kodi AddonGet past any geo-restrictions, firewalls or ISP blocks to unlock access to every Kodi addon.
- Multi-Device SupportIPVanish has apps for your android box, computer and mobile devices.
- Complete PrivacyNo one (including your ISP) can see what you’re watching. End to end encryption.
- No LogsIPVanish does not collect or log any traffic or use of its VPN service.
- 7-Day Money-Back GuaranteeTest it out! See the difference or get your money back.
We’ve also joined with IPVanish to give AddonHQ readers 25% off their first month’s payment.
Please read our disclaimer before proceeding.
- Open Kodi and click on the SYSTEM tab from the Home Screen.
- Navigate to File Manager.
- Click Add Source.
- Click None.
- Enter the following link: https://matsbuilds.uk/goliath and select Done. This will serve as the source for the addon.
- Click to highlight the box underneath and name the media source Goliath. Click OK.
- Go back to your Home Screen and click on the SYSTEM tab.
- You should see a window like the one below. Select Add-Ons.
- Select Install from zip file.
- Select Goliath.
- Select Repository.Goliath.x.x.x.zip.
- Wait for the Add-on enabled notification in the bottom right hand corner of your window. Select install from Repository. If you are using Helix, then select Get Add-Ons.
- Select Goliath Add-ons repository.
- Select Video Add-Ons.
- Click Evolve.
- Select install.
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification.
Once Evolve is installed, you can access the addon by going back to your Home Screen, selecting Videos > Add-Ons > Evolve.
Pros and Cons of Kodi Addon Evolve
When it comes down to a list of the pros and cons of the Kodi addon Evolve, there aren’t many reasons to avoid it. For starters, the addon is packed with everything you can imagine.
If you don’t believe me, take a quick look at some of these tweets of users who are loving Evolve:
— E.K.C (@joe_myway1978) September 8, 2016
@Goliath_Evolve best music add-on on kodi superb love it thanks guys
— Jock (@jocksloft) September 4, 2016
From UFC Zone to Sports Pack to Bein Sports, Evolve Sports comes with all your channel needs. In Evolve’s Goliath you can access festivals, fitness, audio books, documentaries, live TV, and movies.
Kraken is also another awesome section which includes more movies, live TV, a UFC section, and even a world radio. Gorgon is home to 24/7 channels with the latest TV, weird stuff, and an album of the week.
Evolve even thought of the kids with their Trapper section, which has a Kids Zone in addition to Car Shows and the Lottery Draw for adults. In Hank, you’ll find sports news, WWE matches, and Moneysports. Golf documentaries, drumming, and console videos are included in the Slim section.
Looking for your source of HD movies, B movies, and Karaoke? Go to the Markov section! Last but not least is Wraith, a rather new section that offers life hacks, Pokémon Go, and information for moms and dads.
To see how Evolve performs, I went to the Bein Sports section. To my surprise, I experienced no buffering which also meant that I was never kicked out.
The Evolve addon is huge and, thus, it proves to be a top source of a wide variety of entertainment needs. As of now, I can’t find anything bad to say about the addon, so get to watching some of your favorite channels and check out Evolve.