Wholly free and replete with options, DNA Live TV is one of the more popular live streaming TV options available for Kodi. As with many live TV streaming add-ons, DNA Live TV has a rather extensive installation process, and offers a wide variety of channels. If you’re looking to use this add-on, this guide will show you how to install the DNA Live TV addon on Kodi. Likewise, if you’re looking for other interesting live TV add-ons, check out our longer guide with several more must-have streaming add-ons.
DNA Live TV has a wide range of advantages, especially over many of the other live streaming TV add-ons. Before we get into those, you’ll want to make sure the program is not only fully installed, but up and running. Follow the process below.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended to help readers access content they already have purchased the rights to access, but are for whatever reason unable to access either temporarily, or permanently. AddonHQ does not support software piracy, and bears no responsibility for what you decide to do with the contents of this article. Furthermore, please note that AddonHQ in no way hosts, develops, or produces any of the software mentioned within this article. For more information, please see our full disclaimer here.
Before we Proceed
We highly recommend using a VPN when using Kodi. Kodi users have been known to receive copyright infringement notices for streaming movies, sports, and TV shows through various addons. If you would like to keep your streaming habits private, our recommendation is IPVanish - a complete privacy solution for Kodi users.
DNA Live TV Installation Guide
1. Go to “System”. Then, proceed to click on “File Manager”.
2. Click on “Add source”.
3. Under “Add source”, select “ < none > ”. In the empty box, type in “https://theuforepo.us/repo/”. Select “Done”. It will then prompt you to give the media source a name. You can name it anything, but the best option is to name it “DNA Live TV. Select “OK” to move on.
4. Return to the home screen.
5. Click on “System”.
6. Under system, select “Add-ons”.
7. Go to “Install from zip file”.
8. Click on “DNA Live TV” (this is this one you named).
9. From the list of files, locate the one that says “repository.dnarepo-x.x.x.zip”. The versions change, so the x’s could represent any string of numbers based on future updates to the file.
10. You will receive a message that your add-on is enabled.
11. Go to the “Install from repository” section. Click it.
12. Select “dna Repository”.
13. Click on “Program add-ons”.
14. Click on “dnaTV Guide”. Click on “Install”.
15. Once you receive the “Add-on enabled” message on the bottom right, head back to the “Add-ons” screen.
16. In “Add-ons”, select “Video Add-ons”.
17. Select “DNA TV”. Install it.
18. Go back to your home screen.
19. Click on “Videos”. Then, click on “Add-ons”.
20. Click on “Get More”.
21. Click on “DNA TV Pro”.
22. Click on “Install”.
23. Return to “Add-ons” in the Video section.
24. Click on “DNA TV Pro”.
25. Click on “DNA TV Guide”. You can now access the channels.
A Note on VPNs
If you’re unfamiliar with VPNs, they’re a helpful, secure way of connecting to anything on the web. VPNs, or Virtual Private Networks, allow users to send and receive data through a highly encrypted proxy server. There are several, valuable reasons why you might want to use VPNs for running Kodi. First is to bypass geo-restrictions. While Kodi users in the U.S. may have no problem accessing television networks over DNA Live TV, international users might be blocked from using DNA Live TV by their ISP. This is especially true for UK-based users, for whom it will almost certainly be blocked. A VPN can get around such blocks, while also helping you maintain anonymity online. There are a lot of possible VPNs you can choose from. However, we recommend IPVanish. It’s a powerful tool, and a fan favorite in the Kodi community.
The Pros and Cons of DNA Live TV
Those looking for an add-on to rival USTVNow in terms of offerings will find that DNA Live TV fits the bill. Under the dnaTV Guide, you’ll find one of the most extensive list of channels outside of USTVNow. The key is that DNA Live TV is completely free. The program has just around 200 channels, primarily U.S. and UK stations, all of which stream live. The real benefit of the program, however, is the interface.
DNA Live TV is set up to look just like the guide channel from a normal cable provider. You get access to what is currently playing on each channel, as well as future line-up for those channels. DNA Live TV also offers all channels you can imagine, including various versions of most popular movie channels such as Cinemax and Starz. All sports channels, including UK channels, are available through the app as well.
The significant, and highly noticeable, limitations on this add-on are in the rather complicated installation process and the rather large amount of troubleshooting required at times. It can take a rather long time to install this add-on. Those who are unfamiliar with Kodi or are new to application might have a hard time working their way through the installation process.
There are a number of troubleshooting guides available online, but even those might not help you get through the random problems you’ll run into from time to time without a few hiccups. Quite often, channels will not load, seemingly for not reason. Error messages are common. However, when DNA Live TV is works, it works beautifully, and the channel offerings are hard to beat.