Bobby’s Cartoons is a Kodi add-on that allows you to quickly find and watch many new and old hard-to-find cartoon series. The source streaming video sites that it scrapes for content includes toonget.com, animetoon.com and other popular free cartoon streaming sites.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended to help readers access content they already have purchased the rights to access, but are for whatever reason unable to access either temporarily, or permanently. AddonHQ does not support software piracy, and bears no responsibility for what you decide to do with the contents of this article. Furthermore, please note that AddonHQ in no way hosts, develops, or produces any of the software mentioned within this article. For more information, please see our full disclaimer here.
Before we Proceed
We highly recommend using a VPN when using Kodi. Kodi users have been known to receive copyright infringement notices for streaming movies, sports, and TV shows through various addons. If you would like to keep your streaming habits private, our recommendation is IPVanish - a complete privacy solution for Kodi users. It's also worth noting that purchasing a 12 month subscription will give you two months free.
In order to get Bobby’s Cartoons, you have to connect to the XfinityTalk repository first. If you’ve never connected to a repository with Kodi, getting started can be a bit frustrating. But if you follow the steps outlined below, the entire installation should take you less than 5 minutes.
1. From the home screen, navigate to the System menu and choose File manager.
2. Click the Add source option from the left side of the screen.
3. Under Enter the paths or browse for the media locations, click <None>.
4. Next, type in https://xunitytalk.me/xfinity. When you’re finished typing, click Done.
5. By default, xfinity appears under Enter a name for this media source. Click OK to accept the default name.
6. Now that you’ve added xfinity as a files source, go back to the home screen by clicking the home icon: . Then, navigate to the System menu and click Settings.
7. Click Add-ons.
8. Click Install from zip file.
9. Click xfinity.
10. Click XunityTalk_Repository.zip.
11. When the installation is complete, you’ll see a popup in the bottom right hand corner that reads: XunityTalkRepository Add-on enabled.
12. Go back to the home screen by pressing the button, then go to System and click Settings.
13. Click Add-ons again.
14. This time, click Install from repository.
15. Click .XunityTalkRepository.
16. Click Video add-ons.
17. Scroll down until you see Bobbys Cartoons. Then, click Bobbys Cartoons.
18. Click install.
19. When installation is complete, a popup will appear in the right hand corner and you’ll see Enabled next to Bobbys Cartoons.
Kodi Add-on Review: Bobby’s Cartoons by DandyMedia
Like almost all Kodi add-ons, Bobby’s Cartoons is completely free to use. Perhaps best of all, the add-on filters out the ads that you would normally see if you accessed the cartoons via the source websites.
Another great thing about Bobby’s Cartoons is that the quality of the streaming videos is generally quite high. There also appears to be very few missing links, if any at all. Before sitting down to write this review, I tried out 15 different Bobby’s Cartoons videos. I didn’t notice any annoying hardcoded subtitles or connection problems during my test.
Overall, I liked the Bobby’s Cartoons streaming video add-on. The only way to improve it would be to add the ability to save the streaming video files from its catalog. The selection of cartoon series that you get with Bobby’s Cartoons is quite vast, but it would be nice if the list contained a few full-length animated films as well.
- Large selection of shows to choose from. The Bobby’s Cartoons catalog contains all kinds of new and old kids shows. You can find Netflix exclusives like The Adventures of Puss in Boots, Disney titles like Aladdin, Marvel and DC properties like Spider-Man and much, much more. I even found Jim Henson’s 90s TGIF classic Dinosaurs.
- Totally free. There are no recurring or one-time fees to pay to use this add-on.
- Good quality. All of the videos I viewed looked pretty good for streaming video.
- Each show has two links. All of the links I tried were live. But if one of the sites that Bobby’s Cartoons connects to goes offline, you can try an alternate link.
- Intuitive interface. Just scroll through pictures of different shows and pick the one you want to watch. A small child can figure out this add-on in a matter of minutes.
- No commercials or ads. The add-on filters out pop-ups, presenting you with advertisement free content.
- Fast performance. During my test, I didn’t notice any speed or connection problems while using Bobby’s Cartoons.
- There’s no way to download any of the cartoons. You have to be online to view them.
- Though there are a ton of series to choose from, there are no full-length animated movies in the Bobby’s Cartoons catalogue.