Here’s a popular question we have all likely heard at some point: “Is it (insert sport name) season yet?” Worldwide, watching sports is unequivocally one of the most popular pastimes. Although most people would prefer to watch their sports live, cheering on their favorite time while booing their rivals as hard as they can, this is not always possible. And for those of us who have favorite teams and sports in countries that are not our own, sometimes, our only option is streaming them online.
Seeing as Kodi has become a popular medium for streaming live TV, it should come as no surprise that the application is a perfect solution for those who could care less about television shows and simply want to immerse themselves in an endless stream of sports. Whether you’re digging soccer, American football, tennis, baseball, or anything in-between, there’s likely a Kodi add-on that will put you face-to-face with what you need.
This guide will provide you with a complete walkthrough for some of the more popular sports add-ons for Kodi. This list includes ESPN 3, Goodfellas, Phoenix, Sports Mix and Sports Devil. For more details and a breakdown on the effectiveness/ineffectiveness of each add-on, check the direct link for each one. There, we provide a thorough review of each add-on to help you gain a better perspective beyond installation.
Please read our disclaimer before proceeding.
We highly suggest using a VPN to ensure that you remain anonymous while streaming live sports through Kodi. Our personal recommendation for the best Kodi VPN is IPVanish. Here are just some of the other great benefits of using IPVanish.
Bonus: AddonHQ readers will also receive 25% off their first month’s payment on any plan.
ESPN is perhaps one of the most well-known sports networks in the world. Covering ever sport imaginable, ESPN is one of Kodi sports add-ons with the furthest reach and the most eclectic offerings. Within this add-on, you’ll find almost everything you’re looking for. The add-on has limited live-streaming options, and a wide range of streaming for previously aired sports. You can even find videos covering over 15 different sports. What’s more, installation is quick and easy.
- Go to the “Videos” tab on your Kodi home screen
- Click on “Add-ons”.
- Click on “Get more”.
- Scroll down until you locate “ESPN 3”. Click on it.
- Click on “Install”.
- Return to the “Videos>Add-ons” screen.
- Your ESPN 3 should be there. If it is not, exit out and attempt to reinstall, in case the installation process failed.
One of the more popular sports add-ons, SportsDevil offers an array of both live sports and sports channels. Some streaming is even offered in HD. Many of the channels have localization requirements. A VPN is highly recommended, as much of the content will be unviewable for those hoping to get some of the better options out of the program. The add-on acts more like a conduit. It does not house its own streams. Instead, it connects users to websites where streams are available. For a more in-depth explanation of the benefits and limitations of SportsDevil, check out our detailed review on the add-on. Follow the below guide for a quick and easy installation process.
- Download the zip file.
- Go to the “System” tab from the home screen.
- Go to “Add-ons”.
- Go to “Install from zip file”.
- Locate the file within your file system. Install it.
- Your “SportsDevil” add-on should now be installed.
- Locate your add-on from the Videos>Add-ons screen.
An excellent all-around source for most all kinds of streaming needs, Good Fellas also offers a very extensive range of sports streaming options. The add-on beats out most other add-ons that focus solely on sports as well. Good Fellas includes a wide range of UK sports channels, US sports options, NHK sports a very wide range of others. In all, there are over 50 sports streams available. For a more extensive review of the sports options available for Good Fellas, check out our detailed review on Good Fellas as a sports add-on. Follow the following guide to get Good Fellas installed onto your Kodi application:
- Go to “System”. Then, proceed to click on “File Manager”.
- Click on “Add source”.
- Under “Add source”, select “<None>”. In the empty box, type in “http://www.goodfellasteam.com/Repository/ ”. Select “Done”. It will then prompt you to give the media source a name. You can name it anything, but the best option is to name it “Goodfellas. Select “OK” to move on.
- Return to the home screen.
- Click on “System”.
- Under system, select “Add-ons”.
- Go to “Install from zip file”.
- Click on “Goodfellas” (this is this one you named).
- Click on the repository folder. Then, click on the repository zip file.
- You will receive a message that your add-on is enabled.
- Go to the “Install from repository” section. Click it.
- Select “Goodfellas”.
- Click on “Program add-ons”.
- Click on “Goodfellas”. Click on “Install”.
- Once you receive the “Add-on enabled” message on the bottom right, head back to the “Add-ons” screen.
- In “Add-ons”, select “Video Add-ons”.
- Select “Goodfellas”. Install it.
- Go back to your home screen.
- Click on “Videos”. Then, Click on “Add-ons”.
- Go to “Goodfellas”. Your program should load from there.
Although it has fewer sports streaming options than some other options on our list, Phoenix has a very solid sports offering. This includes pre-recorded games from a good number of international sports networks, as well as some live streaming options from around 20 different channels. Phoenix has its positive and negatives, which we dive into more fully in our more specific add-on review. For now, you can follow our step-by-step guide to get this add-on installed on your Kodi.
- Go to the “System” tab from your Kodi main screen.
- Go to “File manager”.
- Go to “Add source”.
- Type in the following for the source: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag. Name it “Fusion”.
- Return to “System”.
- Go to “Add-ons”.
- Go to “.zip file”.
- Go to “Fusion”.
- Go to “xmbc-repos”.
- Scroll down to locate “repository.xmbchub-1.0.6.zip”.
- Go back to Settings>Add-ons and go to “install from repository”.
- Select “TVADDONS.ag Add-on Repository.
- Go to “Video add-ons”.
- Scroll down. Select Phoenix. Install the program.
- You can now find the program in your Videos>Add-ons section.
Sports Mix may be the largest of all of the sports-specific live TV add-ons. The add-on supports streams from a wide variety of popular networks, as well as an even wider variety of options from many international stations. Users will find over 50 live streaming sports channels, including channels from Iraq and Dubai. This all-inclusive app is easy to install on Kodi as well. For a more detailed review on the positives and negatives of this application, check out our analysis of the app. You will find the easy installation guide below.
- Go to the “Videos” tab on your Kodi home screen.
- Select “Add-ons”.
- Select “Get more”.
- Scroll down until you locate “Sports Mix”
- Select “Sports Mix”. Install the add-on.
- You will now find the add-on in your Videos>Add-ons section.
Looking for other IPTV streaming options? Check out our guide for installing some of the most popular live TV add-ons. British residents may want to check out IPVanish as well, as many streaming options may be blocked by British ISPs.