The TBD Toons Kodi addon by Team TBD is a brand new addon for kids. According to the Team TBD website, the makers of this addon hope that it will soon become the leading Kodi video addon for kids. One of the most interesting things about TBD Toons is that it has not only cartoon shows and movies, but also links to live TV streams.
We highly recommend using a VPN to keep your Kodi streaming habits private, and to help get around any geo-blocking that might be stopping you from accessing certain addons.
AddonHQ’s personal recommendation is IPVanish, a favourite within the Kodi community. Here are just some of its features:
We’ve also partnered with IPVanish to give AddonHQ viewers 25% off their first month’s payment.
Please read our disclaimer before proceeding.
In order to find out if this addon really is as good as it sounds, I installed it on my MacBook Pro and took it for a spin. Like the Bobby’s Cartoons addon, TBD Toons is completely free. Installation is a three step process. First, you have to add the TBD repository as a file source. Next, you have to install the repository. Finally, you have to enable the TBD Toons plugin.
Quick Installation Steps (for Kodi Pros)
- Use File manager to add http://tdbrepo.com/ as a file source.
- Install the TBD repository via Settings → Addons → Install from zip file
- Install the TBD Toons add on via Settings → Addons → Install from repository
Step-by-Step Instructions (for Kodi Beginners)
If you’ve never installed a Kodi addon before, check out the step-by-step installation guide below.
- From the home screen, navigate to File manager.
- Click Add source.
- Click <None>.
- Type in http://tdbrepo.com and then click Done.
- Type TBD Repo underneath Enter a name for this media source.
- Click to go back to the home screen. Then, navigate to System → Settings.
- Click Addons.
- Click Install from zip file.
- Click TBD Repo.
- Go back to the home screen again. Then navigate to System → Settings.
- Click Addons.
- Click Install from repository.
- Click .TDB Repository.
- Click TDB Toons.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the addon to download and install. When it’s finished, the word enabled will appear to the right of TDB Toons.
- To access the addon, navigate to Videos → Addons.
- Click TDB Toons.
Kodi Addon Review: TBD Toons by Team TBD
Unlike most Kodi video plugins, TBD Toons doesn’t depend on other websites for content. Instead of scraping videos from popular video streaming sites, it seems as though TBD Toons connects to a dedicated server.
Dead Link Test
I tested out about 10 or so movies and TV shows to see if I could find any dead links. I didn’t find any until I got to the “Kids TV” menu. None of the links worked except for one: Toonami Aftermath. It’s too bad the other TV links don’t work, because the Toonami Aftermath live feed was pretty awesome. The quality of the feed isn’t exactly HD, but it’s quite good.
Impressive HD Videos
The quality of the cartoon shows and movies looked even better than the content I viewed via the Bobby’s Cartoon’s plugin. The Secret Life of Pets movie was labeled as a BluRay rip, so I checked it out and it looked great. If Team TBD continues to add content to its already impressive catalogue, it could definitely become the most popular Kodi video addon for kids.
The menus are currently a bit laggy. Hopefully future updates will solve that problem. When accessing the movie menu, you may have to wait for 30 seconds or more.
- Lots of variety. With TBD Toons, you get lots of different types of contents for kids including new and classic TV shows, movies and even pop music videos.
- HD quality video streams. The movie The Secret Life of Pets looks especially good because it’s a BluRay rip. Hopefully, Team TBD will add lots of good HD content in the future.
- 100% free. This addon is completely free and doesn’t contain any embedded ads.
- Decent amount of content. There wasn’t a ton of content when I tried out the plugin, but Team TBD plans on adding more in the coming weeks.
- Doesn’t depend on other sites. I didn’t notice any watermarks on any of the videos, which seems to indicate that Team TBD is posting all its own content to its own servers.
- Fairly fast buffering. Some of the menus are a bit slow, but the video content itself loads quickly.
- Kid friendly interface. A picture of the TV show or movie appears to the right of the list.
- TBD Toons menus are sometimes slow to load. Once I had to wait nearly a full minute for the movie list to appear.
- Most of the TV links don’t work. Toonami aftermath was the only live TV stream link that I was able to find.