The MoneySports has potential, but it isn’t quite ready for action yet. Perhaps somewhat tellingly, there’s almost no information about the developer (known only as “SOME FINE FELLOW”) online.
This somewhat mediocre addon isn’t a total waste of time, though. But to get to the good stuff, you’ll have to wade through a weird menu system and click through a desert of dead links.
We highly recommend using a VPN to keep your Kodi streaming habits private, and to help get around any geo-blocking that might be stopping you from accessing certain addons.
AddonHQ’s personal recommendation is IPVanish, a favourite within the Kodi community. Here are just some of its features.
We’ve also partnered with IPVanish to give AddonHQ viewers 25% off their first month’s payment.
Please read our disclaimer before proceeding.
Quick Installation Steps (for Kodi Pros)
- Use File manager to add http://rmkodi.uk/repo/Addons as a file source.
- Install the TBD repository via Settings → Addons → Install from zip file → NewMoneySports.zip
Step-by-Step Instructions (for Kodi Beginners)
1. Navigate to System → File manager
2. Click <none>.
3. Type in http://rmkodi.uk/repo/Addons and then click Done.
4. Click the box under Enter a name for this media source and type in RMKodi.
5. Go back to the home screen, then navigate to System → Addons → Install from zip file → RMKodi
6. Click NewMoneySports.zip
7. The add-on takes 4 or 5 minutes to download. When it finishes, a notification popup will appear on the right side of the screen. After that, you’ll be able to get to MoneySports by navigating to Video → Add-ons.
Review: MoneySports by SOME FINE FELLOW
If you’re looking for UFC / MMA content, you may be disappointed by MoneySports. There are a few working links to fights from a few weeks back, but links to the most recent fights don’t currently work. Also, most of the content seems to be soccer related.
The Menu System Definitely Needs Work
The all-caps MoneySports menu system looks ugly and is annoying to use. It has a few blatant misspellings (for example: “JUST WANNA SAY A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO EVERYONE FOR THERE SUPPORT”) and lots of annoying dead links.
The main menu has a link to GREATEST SPORTING MOMENTS along with a message from the developer: CONTACT ME ON TWITTER TO ADD EVENTS. However, there’s no Twitter handle to be found. Presumably the creator of the addon forgot to add it.
Inside GREATEST SPORTING MOMENTS you can find a bunch of random, unorganized recent and classic sports matches. There’s no search bar, so you have to scroll around to find what you want.
One of the main menu links (LIVE SPORTS LINKS) didn’t work at all when I tested it out.
There Are a Few Recent Fights, Though
The BOX OFFICE EVENT REPLAYS contains the only worthwhile content in the entire MoneySports catalogue. There you can find a few recent pay per view UFC matches, WWE Summerslam and a recent boxing match (Kell Brook vs Gennady Golovkin).
From the looks of things it seems as though MoneySports just went through an upgrade, so the developer may be in the process of turning it into a decent sports addon. Hopefully SOME FINE FELLOW will keep at it and turn MoneySports into a quality resource for watching MMA and UFC sports events. The potential is certainly there, but right now MoneySports isn’t quite ready for showtime.
You may experience issues if you skip around the video as you watch. The stream sometimes cuts off and knocks you back to the home screen.
- Even though it isn’t organized well, there is content to be found on MoneySports.
- There are way too many dead links.
- There’s no MMA content on this addon yet. There are, however, a few UFC games.
- You may notice some strange audio issues while viewing some of the videos.