Any Kodi users looking for television and movie titles will feel right at home with the Sanctuary addon. Sanctuary covers the gamut from IPTV to on-demand movies and even a handy direct link to some great anime. Below you’ll find our quick-and-not-so-dirty guide to installation this addon. As a bonus, we provide a nice overview of its features, including what it does well and any areas of improvement.
Using Kodi stream to online? We suggest using a VPN while you do it. Our personal recommendation is IPVanish. Here are just some of its features.
- Access Every Kodi AddonGet past any geo-restrictions, firewalls or ISP blocks to unlock access to every Kodi addon.
- Multi-Device SupportIPVanish has apps for your android box, computer and mobile devices.
- Complete PrivacyNo one (including your ISP) can see what you’re watching. End to end encryption.
- No LogsIPVanish does not collect or log any traffic or use of its VPN service.
- 7-Day Money-Back GuaranteeTest it out! See the difference or get your money back.
Bonus: AddonHQ readers will also receive 25% off their first month’s payment on any plan.
How to Install Sanctuary Kodi Addon
To install the Sanctuary addon, do the following:
- From your home screen, go to System > File Manager
- Click on Add source
- Select None
- Type in the following address EXACTLY: http://originent.net16.net/originrepo/
- In the box underneath, enter a name for the repo. This can be anything. The program will likely automatically name it “originrepo”.
- Return to your Home Screen
- Click on System and go to the Settings
- Select Add-ons
- Click on Install from zip file
- Locate and select originrepo
- Click on repository.origin-x.x.x.zip. The “x.x.x” is the version number. This can be anything
- Return to the System > Settings > Add-ons screen
- Click on Install from repository
- Locate and select Origin Repo
- Click on Video add-ons
- Click on Sanctuary
- Click on Install
- You will find Sanctuary from your home screen under Videos > Add-ons
Sanctuary Kodi Addon – Benefits and Limitations
Sanctuary is one of the most eclectic addons out there. While many addons try to do one thing well, Sanctuary throws almost everything you want from an addon and attempts to do it all well. There are mixed results on that end, of course, but for the most part, Sanctuary provides a very high-quality viewing experience for IPTV (through Oblivion) on-demand movies and on-demand tv shows.
When you open up the addon, you’ll probably be a bit confused from the menu. Your options consist of:
- The Apprentice
- Pandora’s Box
- Maverick TV
- Brettus Anime
- Oblivion IPTV
- Tigen’s World
- Cold As Ice
- Freedom IPTV
- Renegades Darts
- Just For Him
- TV Schedule
- Today’s Football
- Latest Episodes
- Recent Movies
Sound like a lot? It is. Sanctuary pulls from a long list of other services, operating more like a middle man than anything else. As such, most of its functionality is tied into how well the service it’s pulling from is actually working.
From our testing, all of these channels are actually working pretty well. We’ll spare you the details of what every single channel here offers, but suffice to say, outside of the ones that are more obvious in the title, you’ll find pretty much the same things: TV shows and movies on-demand with a smattering of live television options.
You may be particularly interested in the IPTV sections, Freedom IPTV and Oblivion IPTV. Freedom is IPTV has a very large selection of international channels, whereas most IPTV addons typically emphasize US and UK networks over all others.
The same can be said of Oblivion IPTV as far as functionality. It works, and well, although its focus is more on US and UK networks.
Overall, you’ll likely find a lot of value out of this addon. There’s a lot to explore, as each of the long list of other services it pulls from are themselves fully loaded with content.